The MongoDB database is a robust, flexible and scalable database. This database has the ability to out-scale and many of the features of relational databases, such as indexing and query and storage domains. The MongoDB database has many of these features like built-in support for Map Reduce-style aggregation and Map Reduce-style aggregation.
MongoDB was launched in 2007 by 10gen, and its first release was released in March 2010. This database actually stores data with a JSON structure and no specific Schema, rather than storing table data, such as relational or classical databases. This database is currently being used by companies such as MTV Networks, Craigslist, and Foursquare. This database is currently developed for Windows, Macs, Linux, and Solaris platforms.
MongoDB is a developer-friendly data model with an administrator-friendly configuration and also has public-language APIs by drivers and shells. In fact, MongoDB tries to change your way to programming without worrying about the storage problem.
Main features of the Mango DB database:
- MongoDBcan be based on the field, the range of queries, and regular expressions.
- Each field of MongoDB has the ability to index, and one can define more than one index for a field.
- MongoDBsupports either master-slave replication or master-slave replication. The main node can perform read and write operations, and the sub-node has a copy of the main node information that it can use to read or back up, and the sub-node has the ability to locate its original node when available. Lack of choice and change.
- MongoDB data can be horizontally stored in categories called Shard.
- MongoDB can also be used as a file storage system. Using GridFS, bulk and binary files can be saved and called on different machines.
- Using the Map Reduce algorithm, the data processing and cumulative processing was performed. This feature is used to satisfy the GROUP BY feature in SQL, which Google uses to categorize its queries in its search engine.
- And …
The basic idea behind MongoDB design is to replace the concept of the row with a more flexible model called Document, documenting the possibility of creating internal documents and arrays, as well as schema-less, or the absence of the database itself. Be
Due to the speed of data growth and the advancement of this technology and the amount of information that the database requires storage, this comprehensive information management is felt to manage this information.
How to scale our database?
To scalable a database, we have two options:
1. scaling up
2. Scaling out (partitioning among several machines)
Since the creation of a large machine is not cost-effective, it also needs more space. It is more expedient to scall out and improve the efficiency. In order to add and increase the efficiency, a suitable server can be purchased and added to the collection (later in this book, this the cluster set is also called.)
The MongoDB is designed on the basis of scaling out, the data model document ability allows data to be distributed separately on multiple servers that balances data and load a group. The redistribution of batches is automatic, which allows programmers to focus on programming without worrying about storing data, and to increase data capacity, they only need to have a server, and easily have the problem of how to store data. We will be solved.
To get started with MongoDB should be compact package suitable for your operating system and architecture of this address to download and extract.